Giving Thanks
 |
| It was good food |
We took another road trip for the Thanksgiving holiday to Bahrain. It was fun to take a break from the abaya again and see some movies in Bahrain. I was also able to visit my Organic Foods shop there and restock a couple of items I can't find here in Riyadh.
 |
| James is ready to eat |
 |
| Welcoming signs at Ric's |
We arrive Wednesday evening and, after checking in, immediately made our way to Elevation Burger. We love this place! Once you taste the burgers and fries, you would too! We even found out that they are building a shop here in Riyadh. Unfortunately, it is in a VERY busy street here in town. I think we will have to brave Tahlia Street to fill the cravings though. Zach then graciously babysat the kids so that AJ and I could see the new James Bond movie. IT WAS AWESOME! Especially because we got all action and no fluff! In Bahrain, they edit out all of the kissing and more scenes from movies. Bonus! It is because of that, that I took the boys to see part 2 of Breaking Dawn. I knew I wouldn't have to cover eyes. We also saw "Wreck It Ralph" which was also a cute movie.
For Thanksgiving Day, we made our way to
Ric's Kountry Kitchen. They were putting on a Thanksgiving buffet spread that included smoked turkey, deep fried turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, candied sweet potatoes, corn, gravy, salads, and desserts. It was nice to be able to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal that I didn't need to cook or clean up after! Dallin was very excited about this meal. He had been dreaming of pumpkin pie since having some last Christmas at Grandma Sandberg's house.
It was a great weekend and we were so glad to spend the time together. We are grateful for this time we are spending here in the Middle East. We learn lots every day and we love each other more too!
 |
| Rebekah and I |
|
 |
| Zach enjoying Thanksgiving dinner |
|
 |
| Dallin and pumpkin pie |
|
 |
| AJ and Autumn |
|
 |
| The girls trying on shower caps |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment